Awareness for self-care practices is at an all time high, and rightfully so. With people forced to stay home and find new things to entertain themselves during the peak of Covid-19, wellness became a hot topic and has continued to be a peak subject of interest over the last year. Not only were people interested in learning how to strengthen their immune systems with things like organic probiotics and cold pressed green juices, but people became fascinated with skincare like never before. Companies like Beautycounter actually had some of their best months during the worst of Covid. Nurturing your health and wellness on a regular basis became the new cool thing to do, because people actually had the time to do so.
I have always been obsessed with skincare, but I will say that during covid-19 I really upped my game. By using a combination of skincare tools and clean skincare products, my skin is thriving and I wanted to share exactly what I have been using.
Morning Skincare Routine
This daily exfoliating cleanser is designed for oily and blemish-prone skin. Since face masks have become an everyday occurrence, I’ve become very prone to small whiteheads in the area covered by the mask. This pore cleansing face wash has kept my breakouts to a minimum without stripping my skin of moisture.
Made without mineral oils, sulfates, and parabens, this toner has a unique gel texture that helps minimize the appearance of pores while removing residual impurities, leaving my skin hydrated and radiant. And did I mention it is in a sustainable glass bottle? Yay.
This lightweight serum helps boost the glow of your skin, smooth the appearance of large pores and texture irregularities, and brighten the look of dark spots and uneven tone.
This lightweight lotion adapts to the skin throughout the day, and never leaves me feeling greasy. By providing up to 24 hours of hydration, it offers the essential building blocks of hydration, nutrition, and oxygenation to keep skin soft, smooth, and glowing.
Morning Routine Additives:
- Frozen Quartz Roller – after doing steps 1 through 4 above, I always like to end my morning skincare routine by using an ice roller on my face. It helps to decrease facial inflammation and puffiness, as well as minimize the size of my pores.
- Collagen Powder by Vital Proteins – adding one scoop of collagen powder to your morning tea or coffee will help to promote youthful and radiant skin, lengthen your nails, and strengthen your hair.
Nighttime Skincare Routine
This luxurious, lightweight cleansing oil gently yet effectively removes makeup and impurities without stripping essential lipids from the skin. I have tried A LOT of oil-based make-up cleansers and this is absolutely the best.
2 | Prep: Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner by Thayers Natural Remedies
This toner sooths the skins by reducing puffiness and irritation. The antioxidants in cucumbers diminish clogged pores and help fade dark circles under eyes, blemishes, and scarring. Vitamin B-5 in cucumbers also help to retain moisture in the skin.
3 | Treat: Q10 Serum by The Inkey List
This antioxidant full serum works by targeting the upper layers of the skin, helping to reduce the signs of ageing. But that’s not even the best part – the price point of this brand is totally budget friendly!
Supremely rich and deeply hydrating, this cream supports elasticity and visibly firms while minimizing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. You seriously will wake up to more radiant, youthful-looking skin.
Nighttime Skincare Additives:
- LED Gau Sha Facial Massager by Solaris – this is my favorite new addition to my beauty regimen. Every night after completing steps 1 through 4 of my nighttime skincare routine, I lay in bed and use this skincare tool which has absolutely helped to define, depuff, and firm my skin. Probably by favorite self-care practice…
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution by The Ordinary – this peel is something I use every Monday after cleansing and prepping my skin. It totally tingles right when you first put it on, which really lets me know this product means business. After ten minutes, you simply wash off and pat dry, and your skin feels baby smooth.
- Dermaplaning Tool by SIMA - this tool works perfectly to exfoliate the face and remove peach fuzz. I use this tool every Thursday night after cleansing and toning my skin and have definitely noticed improved texture and evenness. I will say you have to be careful using this skincare tool, because it’s easy to nick yourself.
- Chlorophyll Face Mask by Cocokind - this facial mask is perfect if you are looking to clarify, soothe, and brighten the look of dull skin. I typically using this once a week on either Saturday or Sunday. (in-stock soon!)
Do you ladies love these products or are there others natural skin care products I should know about? Tell me in the comments!